We were outside playing in his pool (surprise, surprise) while Dave installed lights on the new playhouse. I'll be posting more about that later! That one sentence doesn't even do this new massive amazingly priced structure in our backyard any justice.
Vaughn's 20 month pictures today were taken with him in a swim diaper. I think these two pictures really represent Vaughn at this time in his life - especially with that big belly of his!
He is so sweet with that round little face and beautiful blue eyes, but then changes in an instant with a whack in the face or diving off the back of the chair as he inspires to be a skydiver. The second picture just cracks me up for two reasons. He's eating a stick. And I let him.Oh and I guess, there's a third reason, his belly!
Vaughn was on a mission to find Dave, but got distracted when he found a stick. Vaughn loves sticks just as much as he likes dirt.
Vaughn took a little break from looking for Dave by going into the bottom of his playhouse. He didn't realize there was a little step and fell into the dirt. May I remind you this was shortly after swimming so he was still wet. I asked him to sit down since he was already covered in sand and dirt and what did he do? He started to throw the dirt in every direction he could.
Again, very typical of Vaughn at this age: Curious. Falling. Dirty. Crying. Content.
Throwing dirt at me.
Tomorrow he'll be 20 months plus one day. I have finally given up on trying to stop him from growing. Bring on more dirt. I'm ready.
"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each others' faults because of your love." Ephesians 4:2
No comments:
Post a Comment