Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busy Talker

Vaughn talks all the time. However, we can't always understand what he is trying to say. He has entire own language of words we do know and then just a lot of vowels and a few consonants scrambled that we can't figure out what is coming out of his mouth.

In attempts to capture some of the words on camera, I chased Vaughn around the kitchen and got a few out of him.

Words that he uses everyday and often that were not capture are:
- Da, Dada, Dad - daddy
- Mmum - mom
- Nye - blanket
- Goy - water (this one still baffles me! And I can't believe I didn't get this one on film!)
- Go - actually sounds like Go!
- Bow-ul - ball
- Do - Door
- God - I was so proud thinking he meant God, but instead he gets the g and d mixed up so really he means dog. We're getting there!
- Men - Amen
- Maw-we or Maw-le - Molly (He's OBSESSED with saying his cousin Molly's name)

He is getting to the point where he tries to repeat what we say. This morning he surprised me by saying shorts and shirt when I was getting him dressed. He still signs a lot and has random noises and sounds that go along with the signs such as "ha ha ha" while he signs the word, hot. We just love it!

He sure is our little communicator though. Made up words or not!

No comments: