Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

*Baby Steps* Milestones and Benchmarks.. 0-1 MONTH OLD

Vaughn is changing so quickly. It's amazing to look back and see how far he has come. It's only been two months and yet, we have such a little man living with us! These are some of the fun things Vaughn has accomplished in his first weeks of life:
- 10/31/09: Vaughn celebrated his first Halloween. Dave handed out candy while Vaughn and I played in the living room. This was the first day he stood up on my lap. He loves standing up!

- 11/4/09 at 7:00pm: Vaughn rolled over! During tummy time, he lifted his legs off the ground and rolled to his right onto his back. It was the cutest thing ever to see his startled face when he flipped over. Dave missed it as he was outside with Rocco but got to see him roll over a few days later. On November 2nd, he did roll over on the bed, but I was on it so I think the my pressure caused him to come tumbling toward me. Rolling over at three weeks, what are we in for??

- 11/5/09: Vaughn took his first walk...in a stroller with me pushing it. He was wide-eyed the entire time. He did really well on walks for a few days but then decided he HATES being strapped in. >>One day, I was many blocks away from our house when Vaughn decided to start screaming. I kept walking trying to soothe him to find his scream turn into a blood-curling scream (is that what it's called? Irregardless, it was bad!) So, not knowing what to do, I carried him in my right arm, had Rocco's leash on my left wrist, and pushed the stroller with my left hand. Thank goodness, we weren't too far away.

- 11/11/09: Vaughn rolled over for the fourth time. This time it was in front of pappy (my dad). He got to see how much of a big boy his first grandson is!

- 11/26/09: Vaughn went on his first outing with mommy to the Post Office. It was awful. He cried the entire time while going there. He wailed so loud while we were in the parking lot that I almost started to head back home. After about ten minutes, he stopped crying so I pulled out the stroller and plopped the car seat on it. I whipped out my keys, locked the car, and walked quickly toward the entrance. When we got in the Post Office, he was very content. However, we had to wait in line, which took forever so he then started to cry. It was so quiet that his crying sounded much louder than it was. I felt like everyone was staring at me, but now that I look back they probably weren't, I was just self conscience. But we survived and I now feel a little better taking him out in public.

- 11/28/09: Vaughn smiled for the first time! He started to talk a little and today, while saying "ooh" with daddy, he totally smiled which made us smile...real big!

- 12/1/09 (the week of): This is when he really started to smile and coo. He also started to really hold his own head up.

- 12/5/09 (night of): He slept for six hours straight for the first time!

- 12/6/09 (night of): He slept for seven and a half hours!
...he has continued to sleep through the night through the end of 2 months

- 12/6/09: We took Vaughn to Fry's where we got his first Christmas tree. It was a little cold outside (in the 50's) so we bundled him up. Even though he slept the whole time, we still took him out to the lot so we all could pick the perfect tree!

- 12/7/09: Vaughn attended his first Christmas party. We both went to the Habitat Women Build lunch at Jan's house. All of the ladies were so excited to meet Vaughn. He did a great job. He got a little fussy but allowed Nell (an amazing volunteer) give him a bottle. It rained so hard on the way there and back that it made him actually sleep in the car.

No comments: