Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waking up to love

***5 MONTHS***
"Uh, uh, ah, mmm, ahhh," Vaughn mumbles as he wakes up from a long nap or a long night of slumber. In the early morning, it takes me a while to wake up when Vaughn does since he doesn't cry. Instead, he makes noises. When I finally make it into his room, turn the lights on (at his 5am wake up, I just turn on the blue lights to create a glow) and look down into the crib. If Vaughn is still on his stomach, he tries to flip onto his stomach. If he can't roll over, I aid him to his back. Or if he's already on his back...he locks eyes with me and has a...

Ear to ear - tongue hanging out - mouth wide open - eyes still sleepy - smile = Love!

Then he starts to wiggle his head from side to side squealing with delight. I am so in love when he wakes up. Even if I wish I were still in bed dreaming, seeing his huge smile makes every part of me elated.

It doesn't take long for him to start moaning/crying or his new thing is squealing for some mommy food. But that moment when I peer over the crib is just heaven!

No comments: