Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a way to celebrate a half birthday

18 months ago, Vaughn was born! His half birthday made for a very classic day. 

I am crazy busy at work. At about 11:45am, I got a call from Becky at Vaughn's preschool. 
"Now, don't hate me...long pause...but Vaughn has had multiple un-contained diapers (aka: gross, nasty bowel movements), and he needs to go home." 

I packed up my stuff and  picked Vaughn up. On the way home, I decided to stop at Walgreens to pick up a prescription I filled a few days ago and wasn't sure if it was done or not. 

This is where it gets good. 

So since I  had just picked Vaughn up from school, I didn't have any diapers or wipes. The pharmacist said the prescription had been stored and that he needed to get me another. He said it would only be a few minutes as the ointment was already made. 

We decided to wait. Vaughn was having a good time walking around the store. He found a big bin of balls and got super excited. He was so excited, he pooped. Well, I'm sure the balls had nothing to do with it, but it was really bad. 

It was starting to really stink up the aisle we were in so I took him back over to the pharmacist area and sat down. Yes, I sat down and put my son with an "un-contained" diaper on my lap. After sitting for a few minutes, Vaughn started beating himself "down there" because of his diaper rash and I'm sure because what was soaking into his skin. An old lady was trying to talk to him but I think she was about to pass out because of the smell!

This is where it gets really good. 

My lap started to get really warm. I lift Vaughn up to see poop juice (sorry for the TMI, but it's necessary to make you feel like you were there with me...not that you wanted to be...ha!) on my skirt. 

15 minutes had already passed, so I told the pharmacist I would be back. 

I grabbed a shopping bag. Yep, one of my Dusty Thompson State Farm bags; sorry, Dusty! And I covered Vaughn's car seat. He was squirming and crying as his bottom was really bothering him. Between the time it was taking to put the bag on his seat, and his fighting me, I started to wet myself! Can you  believe it? Thankfully I had a skirt on. Again, TMI, I know. 

I bet you can imagine what happened when I got home. Dave came rushing towards the laundry room door as we came barging in. I quickly handed Vaughn off to him while being careful not to get any "juice" anywhere. I took care of myself then we got Vaughn under control. His poor bottom!
 
For Vaughn's first two days of being one and a half, he's gotten to stay home with mommy. We haven't had anymore crazy incidents, but he's slowly starting to feel better. I do have to say, I'm a little over all the poop!

No comments: