Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ssss... [Smiley] [Slobbery] [Sweaty] [Stinky]

***6 MONTHS***
Lately, I find myself using the following four "s" words often when it comes to Vaughn...Smiley, Slobbery, Sweaty and Stinky! In fact, the inspiration for this post came from me using all four words in one sentence earlier today.

Smiley
All it takes for Vaughn to smile now is for anyone to look at him. As soon as I look into his eyes, he returns my gaze with a huge smile. Often, the tongue comes out, the nose crinkles, his eyes get big, his head moves around, and then there it is, a huge smile. It is often followed by some kind of noise or squeal. He is starting to laugh more but it doesn't happen often. To get him to actually giggle, I have to do something pretty silly. His smiles truly do light up my world. It signifies how happy he is and in turn, how happy I am to be his mommy. 

Slobbery
When Vaughn smiles, there's often slobber dripping out of his open mouth. Well, there's slobber with every kind of Vaughn face. When he's happy, sad, crying, yawning, hanging out, you name it, there is slobber. Since he was two months old we have said, "he must be teething" because of how much spit comes out of his mouth daily. That was four months ago and guess what! No teeth! Vaughn is just one of those super slobbery babies.

On good days, I only have to change his bib two or three times. On an extra "wet" day, he sports up to seven or eight bibs. I remember thinking we had way too many bibs and hoped that people would stop getting them for us. Now, I wish people would keep them coming! Sometimes, I have to do laundry only because there are no bibs clean. Once he uses them once they need washed because they get all hard and crunchy once they dry. Also, since we're on the subject of bibs, I wish I didn't have to use them because it hides all his super cute clothes. I guess I rather the clothes stay dry.

The question remains as to how long this slobbering will last since babies teethe for a long time. I better load up on the bibs now!

Sweaty
The boy can sweat! In fact, this morning we went for a hike with Alicia and Jayce at the White Tank Mountains. I dressed him in a tank one piece outfit since it was going to warm up quickly (calling for 90's today). During the hike, he only got a little clammy, but once we were home, as I lifted him out of the car seat, I noticed his clothes were soaked. I had to change him since he was so wet...from sweat!

Any time he sleeps, he wakes up in a pool of sweat. I asked the pediatrician about it a while ago and she just asked if either Dave or I sweat? Dave said he kind of does, but I know he does not sweat nearly as much as our little man.

As it heats up outside, I'm noticing that poor little Vaughny Poo is perspiring by the gallons (that's what it seems like). He has a pair of sandals but I don't even put those on him anymore because of the sweat. It actually leaves a white residue on the shoes from all the salty sweat. I have no idea what we're going to do when it's in the 100's this summer.

Stinky
When we had to introduce formula to Vaughn, his poo got stinky. But now that he's getting fruits, vegetables and cereal, watch out! Man, he stinks so bad, I have to air out his room. Thank goodness we have a Diaper Genie to help trap all the smell. His poops are so stinky, it even makes Dave gag. The one thing I'm thankful for now is that it's not extremely soft so it actually stays in the diaper. Yay for harder poop. Haha! I have no idea how I would cope if it was that smelly in his diaper and on his clothes. One thing I do know is that the boy can blow it up!

No comments: