It all started on Monday morning. Fussy, fussy, fussy can best describe Vaughn all week.
On Sunday, after picking Dave up from the airport, we all (Dusty, Jamie, and our family) decided to go get something to eat. Since Dixie was at the groomers, we didn't have a ton of time. We ended up going to NYPD right off the exit. Dave was positive that I'd be able to find something to eat at a restaurant that only serves pizza and Italian dishes. There was basically no dairy free dishes except for one salad and a few sandwiches. I actually was not sure about the sandwiches because of the bread, but Dave insisted Vaughn's stomach is stronger and it would be fine. So, I ended up eating the sandwich to find Vaughn's horrible poop the next morning. It didn't end there. He was fussy, seemed irritable, and acted very uncomfortable. He ended up pooping four more times that day when he has been going once every other day. It was awful. It smelled so bad that Rocco wouldn't even go into his room! At one point, I opened his window to let a draft in. Rocco ran right over to the window with his nose pressed up against the screen. He was triyng not to smell the squalid smell!
The doctor told us that when this happens, it can remain in the baby's system for five to seven days. While we were waiting it out, two teeth decided they wanted to come in which bothered Vaughn even more! I could see the whites of the teeth and swollen gums really well by Thursday. On Friday and Saturday, Vaughn was miserable. He did okay during Stroller Strides on Friday and any other time we were out, but while we were at home, it was not a pretty sight. No matter what I did, I couldn't make him happy. Last night, I finally felt the teeth come through the skin.
Today, he was finally a happy smiley baby again from the moment he woke up. The only time he cried was when he had to be in the car. He may had been a lot happier, but unfortunately his poop still doesn't look good and the poor little guy also developed a small cough today. Dave and I have both been sick so I'm praying he doesn't get what we had. With the week Vaughn had, I hope he feels much better this week for both his sake and mine :).It breaks my heart to see him not feel well when there is nothing I can do about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment