Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

We survived...

...the first time I was sick. I always get sick every winter usually a few times. This winter I was sick-free the entire season. As soon as Spring officially started though, I caught some kind of head cold. It started on Friday, March 26 with a super bad headache, sore throat and stuffy nose. I felt fine on Saturday, but then became fully sick by Sunday. The sickness lasted about a week and a half. I sitll have a little bit of a runny nose, flem in my throat and a sore throat in the morning. But...

we survived. It was definitely challenging taking care of a little baby when I didn't feel good. Thankfully, Vaughn stayed healthy the entire time. The breast milk he's getting probably had something to do with that. In a way, I also felt as if he knew I was sick because he was extra cuddly. Typically, when I lay him on my chest, he arches his back and tries to look at me. Or he cries and fights to get off of me. While I was sick, he would just snuggle in, wrap his arms around me neck and love on me. We were also thankful that I wasn't extremely sick with the flu or anything. I'm saving that for next year.

No comments: