Vaughn's 9 month well baby appointment was scheduled for Tuesday, the 13th, but because of daddy's new job, we needed to squeeze it in before he quit his last job. Because of the change, we had to go see Dr. Prentice instead of Dr. Shepherd. Vaughn didn't seem to mind.
In the waiting room, Vaughn was the epitome of himself at this age...a total ham. His new thing is smiling while tilting his head back. He also loves staring at people until they look at him and blow with both of his lips causing him to spit and making a noise (so hard to type and describe). While we were waiting to be called, a teenager came in with his dad. Vaughn would not stop staring at them. As soon as they would pay attention to him, he would spit and make lots of noises. It was hilarious and oh, so Vaughn! After waiting for about five minutes, we were called back so the Medical Assistant could measure and weigh him.
Here are the stats:
Weight: 17.11 pounds; 10th percentile!!!
Length: 29 inches; 75th percentile
***Long and Chubby*** (well, a little more meat on him than ever before)
Head Circumference: 19 inches; 50th percentile
Physical Strength and Development: Right on target!
The doctor talked about giving Vaughn everything to eat but honey. I'm still going to wait to introduce things like peanut butter and citrus, but she said to try dairy. I was very excited but also nervous about this since he was so senstive to it. We'll see! She also checked his eyes, ears, strength, teeth and asked about his general development. I asked about his diaper rash that seems to never go away so she said most of it was actually dry skin with a little yeast infection. She prescribed him some cream for his "down there." This was my very first time taking Vaughn to get shots all by myself. I warned the nurse about my phobia so I held Vaughn next to me so I could look away. After the first one, he looked up and started to cry really hard. I told him that we would both get through this together. He was probably thinking, "Mommy! You aren't going through this pain like I am. What do you mean, WE are going to get through this. I would say I am the one enduring this horrible, horrible pain..." Then, before I could finish my thoughts about what Vaughn was thinking, it was all done. The MA came back with his iron level results which came out normal. I nursed him in the car then we were on our way to Uncle Dusty's and Aunt Jamie's to spend time with Grammy before heading to the hospital.
Vaughn's next appointment will be when he turns 1! In only three months, Vaughn will be 1. Wow!


No comments:
Post a Comment