I love him...I love him...I love him.
Oh my! I can't even explain in words the feelings I have for this little boy. He has such a BIG personality and loves to be with mommy and daddy. Vaughn has also become very curious about his little world. With his new-found mobility, he likes to scoot towards any item that looks like a cord or is shiny. Also, Vaughn has discovered his own voice. He still doesn't say any words, but he sure can squeal, yell, and sing to his own little tune. One other big trait he developed during eight months is becoming "strange" to people other than me. At this age, Vaughn is definitely a momma's boy. He can just hang and cling on me all day long and be a happy little boy. As he gets older and as I take him to the child care centers at the gym and church, and as he's around more familiar people, he's not as upset to go to someone without me. There are certain people, though, who he gravitates to more than others.
While Vaughn was eight months, he got two more teeth, moved to a new house in Surprise, AZ, got sick for the first time, spent many days with his Grammy, hung out with his very first baby cousin minutes after she was born, and got to experience his first very hot Arizona summer (he seems to be adjusting better than me). Oh, and his eyes are still blue as ever! Here are some of his milestones and "firsts" he experienced at eight months old. Have you ever heard a parent talk about how fast their child is growing? I didn't think so, so I thought I should mention how incredibly fast Vaughn is growing up and changing. :)
6/16/10: We went to the Children's Museum for the first time today. Vaughn got to hang out with his friends Christine and Jayce for a few hours. Even though he's not walking yet, there were many fun things for him to do and look at. The part he loved the most was probably all the mirrors.
6/17/10: I spotted them! Two more teeth are coming in. They have broken the skin but probably have some time before they make their way into the world. Teething is not a favorable thing for Vaughn or me. Poor baby!
(If you look really close, you can see his top two teeth coming through)
6/19/10: During bath time, Vaughn farted in the water. He made lots of bubbles that startled him. It was funny. He then kept looking in the water for the bubbles. Where did they go???
6/22/10:
Vaughn's top right tooth (left when I'm looking at him) is through the skin. The other one is slowly getting there. His poor butt is so raw from his yucky teething poop. And his nose is running like crazy. Hopefully that all clears up soon. At least he was happy today!
Tonight was hilarious! After Vaughn's bath, he was super hyper and ready to play although my agenda said he needed to be getting ready for sleep. He figured out how to play peek-a-boo all on his own. It was so cute, I wish I had the video camera. He would pull the towel over his face, then kick his legs and squeal while pulling the towel down. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. So did I!
6/23/10: ...and the laughter continues! Vaughn made himself laugh so hard tonight. I, on the other hand, didn't think it was as funny because he made a mess. We were getting in the car after making a quick stop at Subway. As we were getting in the car, Vaughn found my straw in the drink I was holding and thought the sound it made was funny. He kept moving the straw up and down giggling up a storm. I was trying to get the straw out of his hands so that he wouldn't take it out and get root beer everywhere, but I was too late. Result: Root beer all over my legs, a little on the car, and a giggling baby. Don't worry Dave, I cleaned it all up off the car.
6/25/10: Vaughn napped in his new house for the first time today for a total of three hours! He also slept through the night for the first time in the house where he's going to make his first memories. We are so excited to live in a house that fits our family so perfectly. Vaughn already enjoys the ceramic tile floors as he army crawls/frog crawls every where.
6/26/10: We attempted giving Vaughn a bath in the "big people tub" tonight. Since his bathroom still needed cleaned, we've been bathing him in our bathroom which has a huge Roman soaking tub. Needless to say, the bath started out very well. He was sitting there like such a big boy smiling up a storm. Right after Dave took his picture, the little guy's butt was so slippery he fell in face forward. I was right there to pick him up but he got startled and wanted me to hold him. I thought the little bumps in the tub would be enough to keep him from slipping, but I need to get a no-slip mat or something to help him from flailing about. He can still (barely) fit in his infant tub, so we'll continue to bathe him in that for now.
6/29/10: Vaughn is sick for the very first time in his life. He has a little cold in addition to those two top teeth still trying to bust all the way through. He's doing pretty well, just not eating a lot of solids and wanting to just cuddle with me. I'm not complaining about the cuddle part!
7/01/10:
When Aunt Nay Nay was here yesterday, she was telling us how cute Ella is waving her hands by opening and closing them. Well, I think Vaughn was jealous because out of nowhere,he started doing that all day today. It is so cute!
Grammy is here! Tonight we were sitting in Vaughn's new room (which he is the LOVES so much at night) after he got done playing a ton with a paper towel. Grammy was taking pictures while Vaughn was holding onto my hands standing up. He let go and just stood there! Grammy and I were totally abashed. We could not believe it! He probably stood there for 5-10 seconds, then he lifted his foot as if he were going to walk to Grammy. Our jaws were to the FLOOR! Instead, he fell back into my arms like an 8 month should. He really gave us a scare. I hope to have at least another three to four months before he starts running around like a wild man.
7/07/10: While swimming with daddy at Uncle Dusty and Aunt Jamie's house today, Vaughn went completely under the water...not planned. Dave was holding him moving backwards not realizing the drop to the deep end was so close. Since it's a dramatic drop, Dave lost his footing and did everything he could to hold Vaughn up out of the water as he started to slide down into the deep end. I was drying off and realized what was going on so I dove in after Vaughn to catch him right as he was going under the water. Okay, I did not DIVE, but I jumped in to get to Vaughn as quickly as possible. Instinctively, he held his breath and closed his eyes. He didn't even cry. I was extremely startled though as my heart dropped into my stomach. Vaughn loves the water, but since it can be dangerous, we are definitely getting him into swim lessons and will continue them until he can swim like Michael Phelps :).
7/08/10: Vaughn has a cousin! Molly Ann Thompson was born tonight at 9:02pm, weighing 9lbs., 13oz., measuring 22 inches long and has a 14 inch head. She is such a beautiful baby girl!
7/10/10: Vaughn took a bath in his bathroom in the big boy bath tub. That's a lot of "b's"! He did very well because I got a bath mat to fit in the tub. Since the tub is textured, the mat doesn't quite stick so it floats all around him. It doesn't seem to bother him as he likes to splash splash splash on the mat!
I had to post another picture of my little man clung to me like a monkey. This represents Vaughn at eight months old:












No comments:
Post a Comment