Since Vaughn's second week of life, we have had a major dairy dilemma. Neither of us could have any. Technically, I could've eaten it as long as I wasn't breast feeding but I am obviously a huge advocate of breastfeeding and wanted to give Vaughn breast milk for as long as I could. I didn't realize how much of a burden I would become. Giving up cheese, milk, sour cream, cream cheese, goat cheese, butter, ice cream, and all the other delicious dairy items, was not nearly as hard as feeling like a burden to people or not being able to find anything to eat at restaurants and stores.
At Vaughn's last doctor's appointment, she gave us the go-ahead to try dairy. I bought yo-baby organic baby yogurt for Vaughn and gave it to him on Sunday, July 11, which didn't go so well. He seemd to have a slight reaction in his diaper. I then tried to have dairy (pizza....oh, how I missed pizza!) on Saturday, July 17. Vaughn seemed to have NO REACTION. Then, all this week, he's had some yogurt every day with again, READ: No Reaction! He does have a little runny nose and occasional watery eyes, but I think it's from teething.
Vaughn LOVES yogurt. He likes it so much that I have to hide it until after he eats his fruits and/or vegetables. As soon as I pull it out, Vaughn shakes with excitement. He eats the entire cup. If I let him or if he knew how to do it, I bet he would lick it clean. I am very thankful that Vaughn likes dairy (well, for now just yogurt). I am thankful that he is able to eat dairy. And I am super thankful I can eat everything again. The funny thing is though, instead of shoving my face fully of dairy products, I have slowly had one thing a day. It's almost as I'm afraid of dairy. Yeah, me afraid of my favorite food group. I guess that's what happens after something is non-existent in your life for almost a year.
Next food for Vaughn to try: cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment