Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby Steps *14 Months*

Where does time go? I admittedly am having a small issue with making sure I keep up Vaughn's blog. It makes me wonder what's going to happen when there are more children to make and record memories with. So, I am going to try as hard as I can to continue to post more often as Vaughn's life is so worth recording!

Here's the ongoing fun things that have been happening in Vaughn's life as a fourteen month old...


1/11/11: It's through. After Vaughn got dressed for bed tonight, I noticed he had a POOL of drool on his shirt. It was so wet, I had to change it. His nose had been extra runny and last night he had a low-grade fever. I put my finger in his mouth and felt his first molar poking through. It hasn't been nearly as bad as the first eight teeth were. Now he have a few more molars to go.

01/08/11: Ending 14 months with a BANG! Vaughn got his first black eye :( He was walking at the park, when he fell and hit his eye against a little plastic step thing. He only cried for a few minutes. He's such a trooper. 

12/31/10: First official sentence! We were staying in a cabin at Mormon Lake. Vaughn's pack n' play was right next to our bed. While Dave was getting ready for bed, Vaughn woke up, stood up next to my bed, patted my leg, and kept saying, "Hi....mom. Mom...hi. hi...hi...mom." Does that count as his first sentence?

12/31/10:  At dinner, Dusty was bouncing Molly as if she were on a pony. Vaughn was very intrigued. When Dusty asked Vaughn if he wanted to ride on his other leg, Vaughn, very clearly, shook his head, yes. We all looked at each other as he's never responded with a head-shake-yes before. So fun Uncle Dusty got to experience a first with us.

12/30/10: He finally did it! He shattered a plate while out to eat. Whenever he is done eating, Vaughn likes to throw his food and or cup and plate. We were at the Mormon Lake Lodge with cement floors and didn't catch Vaughn before the plate went crashing on the floor shattering into a million pieces. Vaughn didn't react until the server came rushing out. He cried so hard as if he knew he did something wrong. The server felt so bad she brought him out a cup of cherries :)

12/28/10: We went for a bike ride today with Michelle and Christine. Vaughn LOVED riding in the bike trailer I towed behind the bike as we rode around the lakes. So fun!

12/25/10: Vaughn had an amazing Christmas! Something he did for the first time today was get on his riding toy (his little red Cars riding toy) all by himself. There's no stopping him now. He got to ride on a "roller coaster" today, too, thanks to Nunny and Pappy.

12/19/10: I'm not sure I want to preserve this memory, but Vaughn pooped in the tub tonight while Grammy and I were bathing him. He hadn't gone all day so grammy totally said, "he really should poop before getting a bath," he didn't, so we went ahead and bathed him anyways. Man, did we learn a lesson!

12/ 18/10: He couldn't escape the dreaded ear infected! From daycare, Vaughn got pink eye which spread to both eyes and then caused a double ear infection. Although he looked terrible, he was still dancing and singing through it all even while in the Urgent Care waiting room.

12/16/10: Tonight at dinner with Uncle Dusty, Aunt Jamie, Grammy (she was in town!) and daddy, Vaughn finally found his nose. I have been grilling him about where his nose is and even though I know he knows what and where it is, he has failed to oblige. SO, tonight, he totally pointed at the schnauzer of his. So excited.

12/15/10: For a while now, especially with all the Christmas lights, Vaughn has been signing the word, lights. Now, he says the word with the sign. He's totally Dave's kid if one of his first words is, lights.

No comments: