Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Fifteen Months Well Baby

Vaughn is fifteen months! He had his appointment on Monday, January 24, 2011. I'm just a few weeks late in posting. Each well baby appointment keeps getting harder as he has learned to strongly dislike (with screaming and very frightful body language) anyone with a stethoscope or any stranger that probes him. I don't blame him on the latter item. ha!

However, in the waiting room, he was having a great time playing with the kitchenette set and two little girls. He had no idea what was beyond the red door.

Here are his current stats:
Weight: 26.04 lbs. = 85.0% *Vaughn gained over five pounds in three months. I think it's time to monitor his food intake!
Height: 32 inches = 74% *He grew three inches in three months...makes me feel a little better about the weight gain
Head: 19 inches

I was on my own this time, but didn't have a problem with the shots as Vaughn was so hysterical, he had me very distracted. I didn't even remember to get a picture of him in the patient room. Poor baby was so terrified even to get measured. Yes, he was acting as if the Medical Assistant was torturing him with knives when she was trying to lay him on paper and write on it where it head and feet were.

All of his milestones have been met! He can identify at least one body part (his nose and ears), he is saying a few words (hi, mom, dada, go, door, lights, and probably a few more), he is walking (and falling a ton), and eating well (maybe, a little too well).

This is from his twelve month post, "The only question I really asked her was about how much he eats. I mean, he went from 17 pounds in July and is 21 pounds now. That's a lot of weight gain in just a few months. She said to let him eat as much as he wants, but to maybe slow him down so he can feel full. The boy will just eat and eat and eat."Well, not much as changed from his first birthday. He continues to try to eat us out of the house and he's only one! When I asked the doctor about it again this time, she said to go ahead and stop letting him eat as much. What we have decided to do is cut down on his milk and really focus on giving him more vegetables than processed snack-like items. He does love vegetables so that helps.

Other than the massive weight percentage jump, Vaughn is a healthy growing boy. It was crazy to hear these words from the Medical Assistant, "Well, he's just a big boy."

No comments: