"Are you ready for Vaughn to grow up," was the first question I was asked when dropping Vaughn off this morning.
I looked back at Miss Carol and said, "Yeah. I love the person he's becoming."
She didn't seem satisfied with that answer because that's not quite what she meant. She was really telling me that on Tuesday, Vaughn will no longer be a crab but a whale.
Vaughn's preschool is an underwater theme and all of the rooms have fish-related names. For the past four months, Vaughn has been a crawly crab. Yeah, interesting name for a baby room. Occasionally, he would get to go into the Angelfish room with the babies if there were too many kids in his room. They always choose a "nice baby" and Vaughn was usually it. Well, when he goes back to school next week, he will no longer have a crib with his name on it to nap in or a high chair to eat in or his own sippy cup to drink his milk from, but instead, he will have a mat to sleep on next to all his friends, a chair and table to sit at to eat lunch like a big kid, and a big boy cup. I think he's ready. I'm ready. I'm not quite sure Dave is ready just based on the response text I got when I broke the news to him today.
Even though I am ready, we both do have a few concerns since Vaughn hasn't been walking nearly as long as the other babies that are moving up. Also, he just started walking with shoes on about two weeks ago and needs to wear closed-toe shoes in the new room. And lastly, everytime I pass those rooms, it seems a little crazy with screaming toddlers running circles (literally) around their teachers.
Vaughn continues to meet milestones everyday. It's so fun to experience his learning and growing together. This is another huge step in becoming a little boy or at this time, a whale!
No comments:
Post a Comment