Yesterday, Vaughn and I wanted to show Dave a fun park we found in our neighborhood. We weren't there very long before Vaughn fell. His foot caught on the rubberized ground causing him to fall into a plastic step thing they had at the playground. When he first fell, we thought he hit his mouth, but after a few minutes, we could tell very clearly that it was his left eye because of all the swelling. Thankfully, it was just his eyebrow bone and not his actual eye.
I took these pictures after I got home from work. The one thing I noticed more than anything is that he is no longer a skinny baby. His face looks so chubby here, but oh so kissable.
We were expecting his eye to be really black and blue today, but instead, it just looks like he has a light purple eye shadow on.
It was hard for me to watch Vaughn fall, but now I feel like I'm better prepared for all the bumps and bruises he's going to get because that's what kids, and especially, boys do. At least this is what I've been told!
No comments:
Post a Comment