Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

day 91: mom/dad win

Vaughn can be quite the crazy character. He can also get upset easily or just whine. I can't handle the whining and Dave can't handle it even more than me. Vaughn is pretty easy as far as redirecting or getting his mind off of what he is currently upset about. When Dave or I are able to get him happy without him even realizing it, we call it a "mom win" or a "dad win". Every day I strive for multiple mom wins!! 

Tonight - I didn't quite get a mom win. I was getting ready to head out of the door with Vaughn to pick up dinner (thanks to our sweet friends who gave us a gift card to the best Italian place ever!). I told Vaughn to go potty and as I went in with his shoes, I found him with his head completely submerged in the toilet. 

Gross? YES! 

Should I have been strict stern mommy? Yes! 

However, I could not stop laughing. I guess I had a mom-win by running to Dave and not letting Vaughn see the tears of laughter strolling down my face. I seriously could not contain myself. Dave, however, did a great job and went and washed our toilet-son's head before we went to get dinner. 

NEVER...a dull moment!

No comments: