Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

He got it from his mama!

***2½ MONTHS***
Hilarious. This is the perfect word to describe what happened last night in Vaughn's room.

If you could pick two people with very different sleeping patterns it would be Dave and me. As Vaughn grows, it's neat to see whose traits he has. Last night, we discovered Vaughn's similarity to my sleeping patterns. He can sleep through anything!

Dave put Vaughn to bed around 10:15pm. He did great falling asleep by himself after whining and whimpering for about 25 minutes. He never cried! This is the first time we all went up to bed at the same time. Dave and I usually stay up much later as we feel we can get things done or just unwind.

I finally fell asleep around 11:00pm after reading. When I was finally into a deep sleep, an ear-piercing loud beeping startled me. The beeping scared me because I had no idea what it was or where it was coming from. Heck, I didn't even know what my name was. Dave then woke up startled. Even though it often takes him sometime to really wake up, he was able to think on his feet. First he thought it was the carbon monoxide detector then figured out that the beeping was from the sound machine/alarm clock in Vaughn's room. As he started to leave our room, I told him to run so he did. I was too tired to laugh, but was able to laugh at the sight of him running towards Vaughn's room today.

The beeping finally stopped. When Dave came back in the room, he didn't seemed pleased. Since the room was so dark, he just pushed buttons until the alarm turned off. The problem was that it wasn't off, it was only on snooze. I grabbed my book flashlight, covered it up in my hand and ran into the nursery to find out how to get the alarm completely off. Dave was right behind me. We looked at every button, switch and knob on the machine. There are a TON of buttons on that little thing. Then we discovered how to turn it turn it off by pressing the "Alarm 1 and Alarm 2" buttons until the symbol disappeared. We both looked at each other victoriously as we scurried out of the room as fast as we could. It was so funny mainly because we were both half asleep, we had no idea what we were doing, we kept running into each other and we were trying our hardest to be quiet.

Miraculously, the alarm didn't wake him, Dave didn't wake him, the flashlight didn't wake him, nor did the fumbling noises we made didn't wake him. Instead, he just slept quietly in his bed with both arms out. He's just so precious!

No comments: