Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Triceps Family

For the past two years or more, Dave and I have often sat nearby the same young couple every week. Some how they have acquired the nick name of the Tricep family. We started calling the male "Mr. Triceps" because he has very large triceps (we normally sat behind them). I don't think this nickname is offensive, but if it is, it was not intended to be at all. Shortly after we discovered we were pregnant, we noticed that "Mrs. Triceps" was pregnant as well. We figured she was a few months ahead of me. This is a family whom Dave and I have created a story about. Laughing at ourselves, we have kept up the story for some time now. I think we started doing this because we could see ourselves being friends with them but never initiated any conversation. As Mrs. Triceps got bigger during her pregnancy, Dave and I had a feeling it was a girl. We weren't sure, but we made that part of their story.

About four weeks ago, we started going back to church. Instead of sitting in the "big church," we opted to sit in the Family Room with Vaughn. This has been an interesting experience as it takes a ton of focus not to look at all the cute kids and to really listen (if we can hear as it tends to get loud) to the sermon. It's nice for us to be able to stay with Vaughn while he's still really young. We plan on taking him over to the Preschool soon whenever he can sit up on his own.

Last week, Dave spotted her...Mrs. Triceps and baby girl triceps. The baby girl doesn't look much younger than Vaughn. She's super cute. Mr. Triceps wasn't there but the Mrs. and baby sat a few rows away from us. Then, this week, when I went to the big bathroom to change Vaughn, Mrs. Triceps was in the bathroom feeding her little one. They left before I was done or I would've tried to talk to her. Well, is it rude to talk to another mom when they nurse? I know I wouldn't be offended if someone spoke to me while Vaughn ate :).

When I got back into the Family Room, Dave made mention about Mrs. Tricpes and Baby girl Triceps. I had already seen them though. So we will continue with our pitiful selves as we befriend this famly without them knowing it. If we ever become friends with them we think this will be a hiliarious part of the story.

No comments: