We finally made it to the pediatrician's office for Vaughn's 6 month appointment. I originally called two weeks prior to his six month birthday, but the new pediatrician we wanted to try was booked for six weeks. I made the appointment for May 4 but had to reschedule because of insurance changes. We finally had the appointment today even though Vaughn is seven months tomorrow. He did great!
Here are the stats:
Weight: 15.9 pounds; 6th percentile!
Length: 27 1/2 inches; 66th percentile
Head Circumference: 17 1/2 inches; 53% percentile
Physical Strength and Development: 2-3 months ahead
Dr. Shepherd gave us information on childproofing our home and gave us the go ahead on table foods (chopped and mashed). She also told us to give him water in a sippy cup which we have already been trying. She was super sweet. The appointment went very well as she was pleased with where he is developmentally and physically.
After the doctor left the room, the MA returned to give shots. Apparently Vaughn didn't cry at all for the first one, cried a little for the second and screamed for the third. I was in the room but couldn't bare to look. When I held Vaughn in my arms, he stopped crying and was ready to nurse! He got a little to eat in the car then we headed home. Vaughn didn't have any other reactions to the shots.
Next appointment will be at nine months. I better call early to make that appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment