Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time together

**7 MONTHS***

I get to spend every single day with Vaughn. We go to Stroller Strides together, the library, visit friends, play together at home amongst other things, but our time today was extra special and extremely cherished. Instead of going to the library, we went swimming in our community pool. Since school is still in session, there was only one lady and us.

When it got too hot to sit under the shade structure, we went over to the baby pool to cool down. With it only being Vaughn and me in the pool, we got to spend some one on one, googly eye time. Vaughn was "walking" around in his little raft while I followed him walking on my hands. He was having the best time ever laughing and squealing as I made (apparently) funny noises and faces. There was a moment, where we both stared into each others eyes and were the only ones who existed (besides daddy who we knew was only a few hundred feet away from us at home). It was as if we were in our own little world. Then, Vaughn reached for my face and just smiled at me. It was the most genuine, "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY," look  he has given me to date.

Even though we have many opportunities to have moments like these, for some reason, being in the water beneath the beating hot sun and clear blue sky, I fell in love all over again with my son.


No comments: