Lately, Vaughn has started to develop two habits. One good. One bad, very, very bad.
Over the past few days, Vaughn has started to do something that I do not like at all. It's his worst habit yet. It's awful because it hurts! He has started to bite me. Not bite my arm or anything like that, but instead, he bites my nipple (while nursing). After he does it, he looks up at me with his huge blue eyes and smiles. I have no idea how you get a seven month old to stop biting. I know he's teething and it so it probabably feels good on his gums. In turn, it's hurting me. I try not to overreact. I just take him off and say, "No biting, Vaughn", while tapping near his mouth (a tip from a friend's mom)." I don't think it's working though because every time he ate today, once he was finished, he would bite me then smile or giggle. I really want to nurse him until he turns a year old, but don't know if I can handle being nibbled on for five more months.
The other habit he has, I absolutely love. He is a hugger and it's my favorite thing he does. He loves to snuggle on my chest, wrap his little arms around my neck and arm, and give me the biggest hug. Well, he doesn't just do this with me as he loves hugging Dave and I'm sure anyone else who lets him cuddle with him. It's the BEST. It's as if my body and his were designed to fit perfectly like a puzzle. I could hold Vaughn like that forever. Every time he does it, I embrace the moment and embrace him.
Soon, he'll probably start giving me a huge kiss after he bites me to make it all better.

No comments:
Post a Comment