Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mamarazzi

Since I was old enough to own a camera, I have been obsessed with taking pictures. My brother and sister were my first "subjects." Well, Grayson more than Cassandra (they can tell you all about it!). I dressed them up, created my own back drops, searched for great spots outside in our yard and our neighbors' yards, and spent hours telling them how to pose. They are so great to look through because I was a horrible photographer and the kids had hilarious fake smiles. I did have a ton of fun doing it though. However, the problem I had at that age, was I didn't have money to develop the pictures so film would sometimes sit for months and even years before I would get to see my "work". Then, the digital camera came along...my newfound best friend. 

Since Dave and I have been together, he has gotten accustomed to the camera being glued to my right hand. We have pictures of every camping trip, every vacation, and just of any moment I felt was worthy of a photo. At any job I had or event I attended, I would immediately start taking pictures and ultimately becoming the responsible party to capture great moments. When I worked at Habitat, the volunteers often called me the paparazzi as I would pop up in random places like behind window frames and on the roof to get a good shot.

All of that was NOTHING compared to the crazy monster I have become ever since a baby boy named Vaughn was born. I just read the word, mamarazzi, today, which is exactly what I am. Crazy lady mamarazzi. It's an obsession I have. Lately, I have wondered if my obsession is unhealthy as I keep thinking about all the pictures I have yet to edit and post. I take multiple photos almost every day then I need to find the time to edit  post, print, and organize all the pictures in a specific way so the madness continues. I know part of my problem stems from me only having a handful of pictures from my babyhood and early childhood. To date, I have already taken over 1,500 pictures of Vaughn. Yes, he has only been on this earth for seven months and twelve days and yet, there are over a thousand still images of my little man. (I have many videos, too, but haven't begun a system to get those uploaded and burned yet).

Unhealthy or not, I will be able to look back at this time in my, Dave's and Vaughn's life and reminisce about the amazing time I had at the beginning of this new life together.
 (these pictures are a sample of ones taken in  April and May)

No comments: