Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Changes

***7 MONTHS***

Every day our little Vaughny Poo is a new baby, an older baby. These are the many things that I adore right now at seven months that are what every baby goes through at this age; but then there are many things that are specific to Vaughn. As he gets older, many of his actions, manurisms and speech will slowly change. I will miss so much of what he currently does...

- Mobility: Vaughn's form of mobility is rolling or holding onto my hands to walk; soon he'll be running away from me getting into everything and anything he can get his little hands on.
- Smiles and squeals: Whenever Vaughn is happy, he is constantly smiling and if he's really happy, the smile is followed by a very high pitched squeal.
- Babbling: "Ra-ra-ra-ra, ba-da-da-wa, muh-da-ra-ra-uh-awe-oh" is what commonly comes out of Vaughn's mouth nowadays. He's quite the chatter box, but without meaningful words. This will soon change and will only be the way he speaks for such a short time of his life.
- Baby hugs: If Vaughn is sleepy, when he just wakes up, or if he has played for a while, when I pick him up, he nestles his head perfectly into my collar bone, wraps one arm around the back of my arm and the other tightly around my neck. I love his baby hugs. He fits so perfectly in my arms. He is my little cuddle monkey.
- Death Grip: Dave and I both will be happy when Vaughn no longer pinches or grabs our lips, cheeks, arms and for me, my chest. He has such a tight grip and to be honest, it hurts! I have bruises all along my chest from Vaughn pinching my skin when he nurses. When his nails are long it's even worse.
- Napping: Vaughn is a great napper, which allows me to get some stuff done for the two to three hour time he is safely in his crib. I value this time more than I ever have before, but I know as he gets older those naps will get shorter then no longer happen anymore.
- Remote or anything with buttons: Remotes and phones quiet Vaughn done almost instantly. He can be crying from boredom until he sees a remote or phone. He is very interested in all the button and for some of these objects, lights. I wish they made toy television remotes that looked like the real thing versus being "kidified."


There are also so many little things I can do to get Vaughn to go from fussy baby to happy baby in matter of seconds:
- Blanket on the face: All I need to do is take any kind of blanket, hang it over his head and drop it. He absolutely loves the "Where is Vaughn" game which is when I say, "Where is Vaughn" once his face is covered with the blankie. When I pull it off, he kicks and squeals in delight. What he enjoys even more is the huge parachute at the Buckeye Library.
- Luna bar: If I need a super quick tamer, I hand Vaughn a wrapped Luna bar. For some reason, he loves that wrapping more than anything else. It's large and hard to open so for now, giving him a Luna bar to hold on to is okay with me as long as it makes him happy.
- Walk it Out: I stand him up, hold on to his hands and let him walk. He often stomps around with a huge smile on his face. I can already tell he'll be a happier baby when he has the freedom and ability to walk on his own. He tends to get frustrated not being able to move.
- Kissie Monster: A few little kisses on his cheeks and neck get Vaughn in a good mood quickly. He makes the cutest faces when we give him lots of kissies.
- Stripped: In the morning, he starts playtime while I get shower and get ready in his jammies. Then, as he gets a little fussy or bored, I take his clothes off. This buys me about another 20 minutes or so.
- Change of Scenery: Vaughn loves to be anywhere but inside the home. He gets bored quickly when we're in the house. To get him to a playful state, I often just need to take him outside or to a public place where he can socialize. Lately, he's been very interested in trees and plants from the sounds they make in the wind to the different textures they have.
- Dance with me: I scoop Vaughn up, pull him close to me and dance. He immediately calms down while melting into my body. He especially likes to dance to a little Michael Buble!
- And of course, the bottle or breast. Vaughn sure loves to eat. His little face lights up and his body fills with uncontrollable excitement when he sees the nipple; plastic or human :).

No comments: