Last night, I "got sick" (this is a blog for Vaughn, so I will keep it non-graphic) around 11:30pm and didn't stop "getting sick" until I was hooked up to an IV with some nausea medicine and lots and lots of fluids...four total liters. Dave was, once again, amazing. He took care of me all night, took care of me and Vaughn all morning, and drove us to Radiant to pick up my insurance info, to Urgent Care and then to the hospital. Vaughn was doing great with all the sights and sounds until it was just too many hours past his nap time. He did fall asleep for a little in his stroller, until Dave moved his stroller just a few inches away from the hallway light. Then it was not a pretty sight! Dave ended up taking him home while the nurses were waiting for me to go to the bathroom. Vaughn was able to nap for an hour in his own crib before returning to the hospital. He came back a brand new boy! He was laughing, talking to everyone who came into the room (well, it was more like an alcove), and just loving life.
I am incredibly thankful it's almost been a year and we haven't been to the hospital for Vaughn yet. I know, weird thought...but that's all I could think of while watching Vaughn have a FUN time there.
Here are some pictures Dave took on his phone since we didn't have a regular camera with us all day. I do have to mention that Dave dressed Vaughn which I'm so ever thankful for him taking care of Vaughn while I could barely hold my head up! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment