Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Transitions

Mommy got a job!

On August 30, I had every intention of writing a blog about my feelings on the day before I was starting a new job...but let's just say, that night was busy getting Vaughn's stuff ready for his first day of daycare. Then, each night, I grew more and more tired. So here it is two weeks later.

Dave and I have been praying about whether or not I should return to the workforce. Then, a few weeks ago, I felt like He was telling me to email the Family Life Pastor (and a friend of mine) at my church. I did on Sunday, August 15, I got a call from HR on Wednesday, August 18, shortly after, I was brought in for interviews. I ended up getting the call from Pastor Lee on the night of August 26 with a job offer! It would've been earlier in the day, but my phone mysteriously died and I didn't notice until 8:30pm at night to find two text messages. I was so excited, I totally forgot to verbally say I accept so Pastor Lee had to confirm with a follow up text. Since I wasn't leaving a job, I was able to start right away...which brought me to my August 31 start date.

I didn't have time, however, to truly process what it meant to return to work. I no longer belonged to just myself. Vaughn had all of me to himself for ten months. Getting a job meant that I would not just be his. Dave and I talked about and truly felt that Vaughn is at the age he can really learn and is such a social being.

A little about the job...I am now the Executive Assistant to Pastor Lee at Radiant Church Assembly of God in Surprise, AZ and am absolutely loving it. We roughly have an attendance of 5,000 - 6,000 people every weekend with five services. It was not what I was expecting when I went into to interview, but I think the job fits my personality and I get along very well with the Pastor. I am working six days a week with four full days during the week and two half days for "show time" during services on the weekend. I'm really enjoying every minute of it even though I do miss Vaughn.

The upside is that Vaughn is just steps away from me in a building on the same campus as the church. Also, they have a program called "Watch Me Grow" where users can go on and watch him play and eat all day. Grammy has especially loved this tool. He gets to see him more than when he was home with me all day!

There is no doubt that this is going to take some time to transition. I was blessed to have been able to watch Vaughn grow for the first ten months of his life. In this new position, not only will Vaughn get to advance quickly while being with other babies his age all day, I will get to grow in so many new ways - professionallly, mentally and spiritually.

This is a new step for our family, but we are truly overjoyed with our decision :)

No comments: