Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Gas drama...another not me

I did not have the worst headache ever!
I did not want to get Vaughn to his Aunt Jamie and Uncle Dusty's house so that he could spend time with his granddad who flew in from Pennsylvania.
I did not realize I needed to get gas until I was pulling out of the driveway...
...and saw the gas light!
Dave did not give me cash to use at the gas station.
I did not realize I would need to take Vaughn out of the car into the heat in order to go pay for gas. Oh, how the credit card machine has spoiled me.
I did not press some weird button on the machine that was making me pre-pay inside.
I did not get Vaughn out of his seat, lock the car, and head into the store to pay for my gas.
Vaughn was not teething causing him to have a ton of snot; especially when he sneezed.
As we were walking in, Vaughn did not sneeze and get snot EVERYWHERE.
I did not have anything to wipe it up so I did not just let it go.
Did I mention I didn't have a terribly horrible herendous headache?
I did not tell the cashier, I was at pump #4.
I did not take Vaughn back out and put him in the car that was now hot.
I did not go outside, TRY to pump gas until I realized I was at pump #7.
I did not glance slowly over to pump #4 to realize someone was pumping MY GAS! And not to mention, the someone was a young kid.
I did not judge the guy by his appearance and assume he was going to drive off with my gas.
I did not unstrap Vaughn AGAIN, run inside and frantically tell the cashier what I did.
She did not come out and tell the young kid that he was going to come in and pay for my gas so I could then get gas. She did not (for real) give him any options at all!
I did not strap Vaughn back in his carseat so I could pump $40 worth of gas.

I was not at all upset, frustrated, irritated with the whole situation in a way that I called Dave almost in tears but was determined to get to Dusty and Jamie's house.


Mckmama- Not Me Monday

No comments: