Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

day 164: butterfly wonderland

There is a new butterfly attraction in Scottsdale that opened a few weeks ago. It's something new and different and INDOORS so we thought it'd be fun to visit with pappy and Aunt CC. It was pretty neat. 

Before seeing any butterflies, we started at a 3D movie about the super monarch. I couldn't believe Nolan wore the glasses for most of the movie. He even tried grabbing the butterflies that looked like they were in front of our faces. It was pretty dark so I didn't get a picture. 

I did get pictures of the cool chrysalis's and butterflies. Vaughn was very initrigued.
 The butterfly part was crazy. They were everywhere! To warm up, they start on  the sidewalk so I had to make sure Vaughn didn't step on any. We all thought it was really neat. The butterflies seemed very fond of Aunt CC, too.
 Nolan is just like Vaughn was he was a chunker - he can not handle humidity! Poor little dude was soaked! His hair and shirt were covered in sweat. Thankfully there were other exhibits in the AC so he could cool down a little.
After we saw the butterflies, we went inside to see the ant colonies, bumblebees and mini aquarium. Vaughn's favorite part were the bumblebees. He loved watching them come in and work to make honey. I think Nolan liked everything as he squealed with joy almost the whole morning! 


No comments: