Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

day 175: crazy


Vaughn, oh, Vaughn. He is FULL of energy. I often feel bad that I call him crazy because it can be taken in a negative way. I don't mean to be negative, he is just silly, goofy, spontaneous, fearless, rambunctious, super loud, spunky, rough and just plain....crazy

I love him! 

It's amazing how he went from being able to sign a ton of words to say a ton words to speak in sentences to now fully carrying conversations and saying little phrases and sayings as if he's an adult. Half of the stuff he says isn't out of the ordinary, it just sounds funny coming out of a three year old's mouth. 

Vaughn is such a sponge, I guess all kids are, but he just soaks up all the things he hears us say, all the words in the 4+ books we read a night, the phrases and sayings from some of the movies he's allowed to watch, and just things he comes up on his own. 

He always has us laughing! Here are a few things he has recently said (that I remember). And most often, we're not talking about anything as he randomly shares his thoughts with us.

"Hey, mommy! Did you know that if you stick both of your fingers in both of your holes in your nose, you can't smell anything?"

"Did you just hear me say, poop? No, Vaughn I didn't. That's because I said it in my brain. Look, watch me...as he stared at me with his huge blue eyes and I'm guessing said the word, poop, in brain again.

"Mommy, you are just beautiful. You are amazing and beautiful." 

He ran into our room in the morning while we were still asleep..."Mommy and daddy!!! Did you know that elephants like to eat peanuts?"

"Holy Gosh!" I have no idea where he came up with this saying because neither of us say it but it sounds funny coming from him. 
 ***
I wish I could remember everything he says. There seriously is never a dull moment with him! He's always saying or doing something crazy.   
 
These were taken in May (hence the long sleeves...even though I don't remember any cool days in November; it looks like it was cloudy). I was experimenting with aperture and wanted him to just sit on the bridge as I made adjustments. 

Of course, he couldn't just sit there. 

Have I mentioned how much I love him? 

No comments: