Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

and the saga continues...

I don't even know why I'm blogging about this. I'm publicly admitting how crazy and forgetful I am. It's been almost eight months. Can I really still blame it on mommy brain. If not, I am anyways!

It was a new day so I decided we would try the gym thing again. I cleaned out my purse and diaper bag consolidating everything into one bag. Vaughn and I were going to go visit with Stephanie's mom who is in town from PA at Stephanie's house so I packed a separate bag with my gym clothes, shoes and water bottle. We were ready to go! It was a new day!

I got dressed at Steph's house to find that I FORGOT my sports bra. No big deal as I just wore both of my tank tops for support (I really don't know what I'm supporting but it makes me feel better, I guess). We were finally ready to leave for the gym after our great visit with Steph's mom and Steph. I made Vaughn's appointment for 5:00 even though my class started at the same time. I didn't want Vaughn to be in the child care center longer than he needed to be. My plan was to get him in there by 4:45pm then sprint up the steps to find a spot.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I grabbed my purse to pull out my lifetime member card so I didn't have to fumble with my purse when I got to the entrance. But...there was NO CARD. Where in the world did I put my card? Ahhh! I lost it. I was going nuts. I knew it wasn't in my purse because I cleaned it out earlier. I looked through every slot in my wallet. The clock was staring me down as the numbers ticked away.

I was going to just pack up and leave but remembered about the infant reservation I made. If you don't show, they give you a strike and after a few, you no longer can bring your child. I totally agreed with this rule until this moment when I LOST my card and had a sleeping baby in the backseat. I spoke out loud, "Adriane, man up! You can use your license, it'll be fine. Even though it's almost time for class, you are going to work out and go to a class by yourself for the first time. You are going to be a big girl. Vaughn is going to be a big boy and do well."

After checking in (everything was fine with my license), I took Vaughn back to the childcare center. I even had a bottle all ready just in case he started to cry. He was totally fine when I dropped him off. I grabbed my water bottle and ran upstairs to Studio 1.

OH MY! The class was PACKED as I knew it would be. There really were no spots but I was DETERMINED to work out in that class. There were no weights either but that wasn't stopping me. I created my own little spot in the very back of the room. The lady in front of me seemed a little annoyed but I actually think it was all in my head because she was so nice all through class; her friend let me borrow her weights and she commented on Vaughn's beautiful eyes when she saw us later in the childcare center.

Class went well except for my anxiety. I kept staring at both sets of doors waiting for a staff member to summons me to get Vaughn, but no one ever came in.

After class, I went into the locker room to wash my hands before picking Vaughn up when I heard my name over the loud speaker. I went right in to get my probably screaming baby boy. As I turned the corner, I could hear him crying so hard. I found him in a swing where the girls were trying to calm him down. They said he did okay. He would cry for a little bit then be fine. They tried giving him his bottle but he wanted nothing to do with it or them. I scooped Vaughn up (once again) as his screaming turned into little sniffles. I thanked the girls then headed out.

When we got out to the car, Vaughn was still upset; just not crying. I turned on the car so the AC could start pumping cool air (it was 105 degrees even at 6:00 at night). Then, I held Vaughn close to my heart so he could feel my love. He returned the love with a few sniffles.

In all, I guess today wasn't as bad as yesterday, but I still forgot stuff, ended up having to rush and still can't find my member card. And it just breaks my heart to hear and see Vaughn so upset. As with everything else, this all will take time to get better..my craziness, my forgetfulness, my rushing-ness (I know, not a word, but work with me) and Vaughn's strangeness.

No comments: