Where did the time go?
"Okay, you can stop now"
In a blink of an eye
Growing Pains
Not ready...
Over the past week, all of these titles have been coming and going through my mind as I think of what I'm going to title this blog. Vaughn is getting so big and old!
It just...hit me. (sobb, sobb)
As I look at him on the video monitor, he is no longer this tiny bean in a huge bed. As I hold him, he's no longer something I can easily maneuver and carry around. As I take him out of the car (still in the car seat), I can no longer carry him with one arm and not get winded. As I take a shower, I can no longer let him lay on a blanket knowing that he's not going anywhere. As I get dressed, I can no longer put him on the big, tall bed knowing that he won't come tumbling off. As I change his diaper, I can no longer do it in less than five minutes and not have to turn him onto his back over and over again.
My little baby boy is growing up...way too fast. The one thing other parents keep telling me is to cherish every minute as it goes by so fast. Up until this point, it was going fast but there wasn't a huge transformation like there has been in just these past weeks. This is so cliche as are many things I say are, but I feel like I'm going to close my eyes and reopen them to this grown boy child. Because of this, I am taking every opportunity I can to hug, love and spend time with Vaughn.
Then, if the realization that my little baby is not going to be a baby forever isn't hard enough on me, I have seen many teenagers lately which scares me so much that I will some day be a parent of a teen. I know I have time to prepare and work on setting boundaries to raise a boy of great character, but again, it's going to be here before I know it.
Maybe if I tape my eye lids to my eyebrows, I won't ever blink. Instead, my eyes will remain open causing time to stand still. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment