As Vaughn meets milestones, I type them right away so I don't forget when he does things. So today, as I reread all that he has done during the 31 days he was seven months, I am astonished...yes, I said ASTONISHED at how much he has changed and all the things he has accomplished. Vaughn now has quite the consonant vocabulary and can sit and scoot around the floor like a champ. We are both blessed to be able to spend so much time together. I cherish every time he smiles, laughs, talks, reaches for me and even every time he whimpers, cries and poops (okay, maybe not poop...this I can live without! haha).
I have a feeling eight months is going to bring on new rewards and challenges!
5/13/10: After my shower, Vaughn said his first unofficial word. He rolled over then clearly said, "uh oh". I don't think he had any meaning behind it even though he did say it again after falling over later in the day. Dave said it doesn't count but I thought I should record his unofficial first word. :)
5/14/10: We finally took Vaughn to get his first official hair cut at Snip n' Snap for Kids in Surprise. Vaughn did great sitting like a big boy in a red car. He looked so tiny with a big cape around him and his tiny head. He let the lady trim his hair with scissors and buzzer. After he was done, we went to Ride Now so he could check out the kid dirt bikes. Dave was very excited.
5/20/10: Vaughn ate Cheerios for the first time today and loved them. As soon as I put them on his high chair tray, he was quite interested. He was concentrating very hard to grab one at a time then strategically put it in his mouth. Since they are still pretty crunchy, Dave bought him a bunch of puffs which he loves even more. Click here to see a video.
5/22/10: At Christine's birthday party, Vaughn attempted to army crawl. I was sitting on a couch while he was on the floor laying on his stomach. I was smacking my flip flop against my foot, which Vaughn found intriguing because he was triyng to get to it. He dug his toes in the carpet, reached out with his elbows and attempted to pull himself closer to my foot.
5/28/10:
He's a crawling machine! Vaughn has really figured out the army crawl and scoots himself across the floor to get to an object of interest. He is now nonstop; constantly trying to move. Here's a video of him crawling to get a lion.
This week, he really started to constantly say, "da da da da da". Often he just says it twice. Dave is quite excited. We're not counting as his first word still as there's no meaning to what he's saying yet. He just likes the sound "d".
5/31/10: Dance Off! Daddy vs. Vaughn. I think Vaughn won!
6/2/10: I think Vaughn tried signing back to me today. Every time I change his clothes or diaper I do the "change" sign which is making both hands into fist and hitting the right fist on to the left and vice versa (it's hard to explain). Both times I put Vaughn on the changing table, he tried banging his fists together. Even if he wasn't signing, it was cute!
6/3/10:
Vaughn's new thing is making a fart-like noise with his mouth. Again, another thing hard to explain. Whatever it's called that he's doing, he spits a lot! He thinks it's really funny when he does it and laughs really hard when I do it back to him. Melts my heart!
I took Vaughn to Lifetime Fitness's childcare for the first time today. I rejoined the gym since we are not doing Stroller Strides this summer. We might rejoin in Surprise for the Fall as I have found that I'm really missing it. For now, the gym it is! He did okay. I got called down to change his diaper then when I went back to class, he cried until I came to get him ten minutes later. As soon as I held him in my arms, he was fine. I'm hoping he does better at not being with me all the time.
6/6/10:
Vaughn got up on his hands and knees then didn't know what to do. He has been getting up on his hands and knees for a split second but tonight it actually looked like he was going to crawl. Instead, he rocked a few times, fell onto his stomach and scooted across the floor. I was about to grab the video camera, but it wasn't needed.
I'm not sure of the exact date, but lately, I have noticed Vaughn shaking rattles and toys that make noise rather than putting them straight to his mouth. It's fun to watch him swing his toys up and down. He just needs to be careful not to whack himself in the head!
6/8/10:
We went to Aunt Nay Nay's today to visit with her and her mom. Vaughn had a blast scooting along the floor, playing, and laughing up a storm. Stephanie was sitting on the floor with Vaughn when he scooted/crawled over to her, grabbed on to her propped up knees and after a little struggle, pulled himself up to standing! This is the first time he's truly attempted to stand on his own. I usually help him pull up on the coffee table or couch. Maybe we should lower his crib now just in case he figures out how to do it when we're not in the room.
Today, he has learned how to click his tongue on the roof of his mouth...6/11/10 update: He is CONSTANTLY making this noise especially in the car. He cracks himself up doing it, which in turn, cracks me up!



No comments:
Post a Comment