HOW. DID. VAUGHN. TURN. 10 MONTHS. WITHOUT ME REALIZING? Seriously! Last night, we were standing in the kitchen (after Vaughn's amazing drum solo) when Dave said to me, "Vaughn is 10 months old tomorrow." I thought there were at least two more weeks of nine months. At the library yesterday, someone asked how old Vaughn was and I said beaming, nine months. Her little boy was nine months too so I asked when his birthday was to see how close they were and she said November 8. This still didn't clue me in on the fact that Vaughn is yet another month older.
He is BURSTING at the seems with personality. It seems like I didn't document many milestones this month as others but he is definitely growing and developing into a fun little boy. After finding out I have a nine month old, many moms tell me that 9 months was their favorite age. I have to concur. He doesn't walk yet so he can't escape me too fast, he's full of energy, aware of who we are, laughs at himself constantly, and can sit up really well without me worrying he's going to topple over (even though he does on occasion especially when he's sleepy).
At nine months, he still hasn't figured out how to crawl on his hands and knees. It doesn't stop him from getting around though! He is very curious about his world and likes to explore everything.
Here are some notable dates while Vaughn was nine months old. Was nine months old. Sobb, Sobb!
7/16/10: Vaughn got his second professional hair cut today. We went to a barber shop so he had to sit on a box which made him wobble...a lot. The cape he had to wear was HUGE. He kept flapping his hands underneath of it looking like a bat. The lady sort of butchered his hair, but I do have to say he was moving his head a lot to look at her. All that matters is that his hair isn't long over his ears anymore.
7/17/10: Vaughn "cruised" for the first time today. He was standing playing with his activity center in my closet when he reached over to my suit case and walked over to it. He used the suitcase to balance himself as he walked from one end to the other.
7/24/10: While camping, Vaughn got to take a ride in a Rhino for the first time. He loved it except for the bug that got in his eye.
7/27/10: Vaughn pulled up to standing in the bath tub tonight. He doesn't really seem interested in doing this as I see other babies his age do. But tonight, I was walking out of the "tub" room into the "sink room" to get a wash cloth as Dave was walking in to watch him. When I returned, I asked Dave if he helped Vaughn stand up and he said no. Then, I watched him do it a few times.
8:4/10: I'm not sure the exact date, but within the past week or so, I've noticed Vaughn is moving from crawling position to seated position all on his own. Also, he is drinking out of the sippy cup by tipping his head back all on his own. Up until this point, he would only drink out of the sippy if I held it for him which is backwards as he hasn't let me hold his bottle for a long time.
8/6/10: Today in his room, Vaughn finally "cruised" for the first time. He went from his activity center that he was holding onto while standing to the ottoman. It wasn't the smoothest transition since the ottoman moves, but he seemed very proud of himself.


No comments:
Post a Comment