Dave + Me = Team Completion
When I worked for JA, we made a lot of gift baskets for our golf tournaments. One time, Dave came to help so we tackled a basket-making station together. No other group was being competitive, but for some reason we were. Dave and I made so many in such a short amount of time because we worked so well together. We decided we needed a nickname and Team Completion is what Dave came up with. Ever since then, if we do something to help each other out or finish each other's sentences or even after I gave birth to Vaughn, Dave always says, "...that's because we're Team Completion."
Dave and I work so well as a team. One of us will start something then the other jumps in and either finishes it or moves it along for the first person to finish. Here are some examples of our work in action lately:
I take Vaughn's shorts and diaper off then wipe him. Dave puts the diaper cream on (Vaughn's poor butt has been so raw lately) while I grab a wipe to give him to wash his hands off then I finish the change by "strapping him up" (as Dave calls it). Team Completion!
I feed Vaughn while we eat. Dave cleans him up while I start his bath. Dave gives him a bath while I clean up dinner. Dave gets him dressed for bed. I rock Vaughn to sleep and put him to bed. Team Completion!
Dave gets Vaughn in the morning, changes him, brings him into me in our room. I feed him. Dave plays with him so I can take a shower. I take Vaughn into the kitchen for breakfast. Team Completion.
I can't speak for Dave, but I can speak for me and Vaughn in saying that we are so blessed and appreciative to have someone who is so willing to help and so willing to open his heart to love us. I love our little team and know that our tasks will only increase in difficulty. But you know what...
Bring it On...Team Completion is unstoppable!
No comments:
Post a Comment