Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

precious. moment...playing together

Vaughn is getting to the age where he loves to play. I'm so excited for this stage as I know (and am hoping) it will continue for a very long time. His play now will slowly transform to more imaginative play, which will aid in his development and growth. This morning, we got to share some really special moments when just playing together.

Daddy hasn't been sleeping well, so we let him sleep in on his day off. Usually, we would leave the house as we both get stir crazy, but this morning, I decided we would spend time together playing. Vaughn loves his room so we shut the door, pulled out lots of toys and went to the circus, rode on a donkey, explored a cave and...laughed...a lot.

My favorite moment was when I put a large blanket (one Loralie made for him) over my head and waited for him to find me. Instead of lifting the blanket up, he got extremely close to the ground, wiggling his way under the blanket until our eyes met. Then, he would scurry back away from the blanket trying to get away from me.

::::PRECIOUS!

Without realizing it, almost two hours had passed before Vaughn got sleepy. I fed him then put him down for his nap (an hour early) thinking he wouldn't nap long since we didn't leave the house, but instead, he slept for almost three hours. We had many precious (and tiring) moments together...playing.

No comments: