Vaughn's first day of daycare (AKA: School) was a success! He didn't cry at all when I dropped him off and surprisingly, I didn't either. He jumped right in to playing with all the other babies with lots of new toys to slobber on.
The one concern I had was that Vaughn would not nap. Because of me, he naps (really well, might I add) in a completely dark room with a sound machine playing white noise. At school, Vaughn has his own crib that is in the room with all the other babies, noise, and lights. They do turn off the lights around "nap time" but it's still light in the room compared to Vaughn's BLACK room. When I went over during the day to nurse him, he was asleep. I was sad that I couldn't spend some time with him, but so excited to see him sleeping soundly with his blue blanket over him. I was able to return in the afternoon to nurse him. This really helped me not be upset at all and helped Vaughn know I was still there.
I am excited for Vaughn to learn new things, play with new babies, and experience life away from just me all day. I pray that he continues to like school and that I continue to be okay with him liking school.

No comments:
Post a Comment