Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Precious. Moment waking up

Our AC was broke! Living in Arizona, this can be a huge problem. Thankfully only one out of our two AC units was out of commission. The only two rooms in the house that weren't 90+ degrees was Vaughn's room (because of a window unit) and our master bedroom.

The AC came this morning at 5:30am! Vaughn has me very spoiled so I don't normally get up until 8 or 7:30am if I want to shower before Vaughn wakes. Last night, we pulled out the Murphy bed in Vaughn's room so that I could transfer in there before the AC man got here. The alarm went off at 4:45am and I stumbled into Vaughn's room for some more snooze time.

Vaughn woke up around 8:20am with his normal noises. I laid next to him in the room without him even knowing I was there. After a while, I rolled toward him, stuck my face in between the crib bars and said quietly, "Good morning, Vaughn. Mommy loves you." He immediately was searching for me. It was the cutest thing ever. I said it again when his eyes slowly focused on me. His whining turned into a huge squeal and grin. I reached in, picked up my baby, and let him lay on my chest for a good five minutes.

Five minutes of a super precious moment!

No comments: