Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Consistency...has paid off!

...at least for now! Since yesterday, Vaughn has gone down for a nap around 11:00a and 3:00p without much more than a few sniffles. He is definitely now used to his schedule. I feel as if he anticipates what is coming up next in our day. The schedule is also great for me; the daily acitivities and that neither Vaughn nor I cry during nap time anymore. I'm blown away that it has only taken a week! Tonight, Dave recalled me saying that I wouldn't be able to do it and that it wasn't worth hearing Vaughn cry. Yet, here we are a week later with a napping machine.

Vaughn has also started to consistenly gain weight every day. Since his last appointment, he has only gone UP in ounces (beforehand, it was up and down day to day). He is now 8.5 ounces heavier in just seven days. I even weighed him with no clothes on! I have been consistent in feeding him with both breast milk and formula and waking to feed him or pump. Yep, I gave in and am supplementing. After deciding to hault on the cereal (because he started to spit up), he has been thriving. The reason I was wanting to only breastfeed was because of all the health benefits. Since I wasn't producing enough, in turn, it wasn't the healthiest option for him. I know that the formula reduces the benefits of breastmilk,but since he wasn't gaining, he can gain and still get at least some amazing mommy milk nutrients (as Dave calls it). I have a feeling Vaughn will double his birth weight in no time especially when we reintroduce solids.

Thankfully, we had time to figure this all out and are blessed with such a happy nappy healthy baby boy!
*The pictures are from our playtime between his two naps today. It was another gorgeous (but windy) day in AZ!

No comments: