Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy 4 Months to Vaughn!

I cannot believe how big my little boy has gotten in just four months. Life changed so quickly. It's so different now than it has ever been, but yet, I would never give it up for anything else. The first few months were rough, I have to admit. My world was flipped upside down. The blood was gushing to my head at first, but now I kind of like it from down there (figuratively speaking, of course).

Vaughn and I now have our schedule down with Stroller Strides five times a week, play group two times a week, scheduled lunch dates, dog park, church and our daily playtime at home. My outlook on life has transformed. Life is no longer about me. I knew this when I was pregnant as mentioned in my post a week before my due date, but I was right; I had no idea what was coming. I honestly don't think anyone can prepare you for it until some pushing occurs followed by faint cries of your brand new baby.

Enough about me and my feelings, because what did I just say? It's all about Baby Vaughn! He is such an amazing blessing to Dave and me. We are so in love with our little four month old. I feel like he really knows who we both are staring at us memorizing every inch of our faces.When we talk to him, he responds with loud cooing or yelling or squealing. If he's faced in a different direction, he will immediately search for us until our eyes lock. Those eyes of his are so large and absolutely beautiful; we can stare into them forever. He's now able to go out in public without us worrying if he'll cry the entire time (well, the ride there is another story!). Slowly, he's learning how to sit up all on his own. Although I feel like I need a break at times, I do love the fact that Vaughn loves to be held close. He hasn't shown any sign of independence yet and prefers to be a little "chest gnome" as Dave calls him. It is the best!

It's amazing how much a person can change in just 125 days. We are looking forward to the next stages to come. We are trying our best to indulge in every moment of Vaughn's babyhood today.

No comments: