1/14/10: Vaughn and I attended our first Stroller Strides. It's exactly what we both need! Vaughn didn't quite get the "Stroller" part, but he did really well strapped to my chest. It was just added weight for a better work out. Hopefully, when he's able to be out of the car seat and into the stroller part looking out, he'll be able to hang out the entire hour. We are very excited to meet more people and get to know the mommies and babies we met today better.
1/20/10: Vaughn spent his second day away from mommy and daddy. Uncle Dusty and Aunt Jamie babysat Vaughn so Dave and I could go to Bennihanas for my 27th birthday. He was crying when we got home, but it was only because he was very hungry. It's getting harder leaving him especially since I'm with him all day every day.
1/21/10: Official first laugh happened tonight! Vaughn and I were laying on a blanket in the living room doing tummy time while Dave was watching Modern Family. Vaughn rolled on to his side, stared into my eyes and laughed. It was the cutest thing ever. We acted fast and even got it on video!
1/23/10: Vaughn's first trip (of many, I'm sure) to Barnes and Noble. I had gift cards from Aunt Nay Nay and my credit card reward points so Vaughn got to pick out five books. He has a lot of books but not many age-appropriate board books. We are very excited to read them over and over and over again!
1/23/10(night of): Barnes and Noble and PF Changs must have worn Vaughn out! He went to bed for the first time at 9pm and didn't wake until eight hours and 48 minutes later. Then after eating, he went to sleep in his crib again until 8:15am. We have a sleeper on our hands.
1/26/10: Soothing fingers! Vaughn has officially found comfort in sucking on his fingers. He sticks his two middle fingers on his left hand in his mouth and sucks away. In fact, I thought he had fallen back asleep after waking, but instead, he just found his fingers. He sucks on them during Stroller Strides too.
1/31/10: Vaughn reached up for Dave's face for the first time. He grabbed his bottom lip. It was the cutest thing ever. What does Vaughn do that isn't cute?
2/2/10 (night of): Tonight, I went to my first mom's night out with some Stroller Striders. They had a Karaoke dress up night at Deanna's. It was super fun. Dave thought he was going to get a man's night with Vaughn but apparently he fell asleep two minutes after I left (in the crib), slept until 7:45pm with a wet diaper, and after Dave changed him fell back to sleep. When I got home, we decided not to wake him thinking he would get up around 4am. Instead, he slept until 7:45am! So this was the first time he went to be at 8pm and slept until 7:45am = 11 hours and 45 minutes,
2/7/10: Vaughn discovered his feet! After church, we went to lunch at Nick's Diner where Vaughn became infatuated with lifting his feet so he can see and later grab them. He's been doing it ever since. It's super cute!



No comments:
Post a Comment