Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baby Steps *11 Months*

This is looong over due. If I get time to go back and add pictures, I will. At least you can see all the fun steps Vaughn took in his last month of being a baby.

9/18/10: I can feel it. I can see it. His third top tooth is FINALLY through the skin. Now, for the other two on the top.

9/21/10: Development. It's amazing to watch Vaughn figure things out. Tonight, while playing with daddy before I got home, Vaughn figured out how to put his shaped blocks into the correct shape hole. Then, tonight with me, after his bath, he kept putting the egg into the cow's mouth. Over and over and over again. He loved how to figure out where the egg went. Then, I turned the farm around and he put the egg in the hen just after i pointed where it needed to go. So smart!

9/22/10: I nursed Vaughn tonight for the first time. Sobb, sobb! Interestingly enough, this scripture was in my inbox tonight: :Like newborn babies, you must crave spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment.

9/24/10: Got the standing thing down: Vaughn now stands for at least 10 seconds at a time all by himself. Then, with control, he squats down and sits down when he realizes he's on his own.

9/24/10: Climber. Tonight, Vaughn crawled over to his shelf, grabbed onto the top shelf with both hands and pulled himself up until both feet were dangling. Dave and I looked at each other in amazement. Next step: bolting the furniture to the wall!

9/16/10: Vaughn took his first bite of ice cream today (Daddy thought it was a good idea to give him suger-loaded ice cream a few hours before bed) and he took a bath with Miss Molly; well, she was in a baby plastic tub inside the big tub where Vaughn bathed. Molly showed him how to kick and Vaughn showed her how to make big splashes.

No comments: