It has been a rough couple of days. Vaughn is still working on those teeth. The one just won't come through. Then on top of that, he has a virus (says the pediatrician). I missed posting yesterday, yes, the one week mark; how could I have missed it! I do have a good excuse though.
Vaughn had to come home early from daycare, and cried and cried and cried most of the day and night. His temperature was wavering around the 102.5 mark. Because he had to leave daycare with a high fever, he's not allowed to return until his fever has been gone for 24 hours. So, today, I had to stay home with him. I know, he's getting pretty independent, but someone still had to be home with him :) After breakfast, his fever got down to 99 degrees so I was thinking he was on the path to feeling better.
To keep from going stir crazy, I took Vaughn on a walk. It was breezy and in the high 70's, low 80's. It was gorgeous and Vaughn seemed to really relax in his stroller. Everything was getting better until Vaughn woke up from his three hour nap with a 103.7 degree fever. His temperature has been up and down all night. He dozed off twice in my arms before it was time for bed.
On a brighter note, Vaughn's nunny and pappy get here on Sunday, then we are all going to Disneyland next week! Woo hoo!
This was taken on our walk. It was the closest he came to smiling all day. At least he wasn't crying on our walk and seemed to enjoy looking at all the trees and birds. There were an incredible amount of birds. Weird.

No comments:
Post a Comment