Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My baby is no longer a skinny teeny little pooping machine....

I apologize for the longest title ever, but it's true! Vaughn is no longer this tiny little baby with a tiny little cry who doesn't know how to get anywhere or communicate. Instead, he is one. He is one year old!

Because of our tight budget and unfinished backyard, we decided to just have a few of Vaughn's friends over along with family - my parents from Pennsylvania, Uncle Dusty and Aunt Jamie (and Molly) from Scottsdale, and Aunt Nay Nay from down the road. It was definitely a lot of people for an indoor party! We were going to throw Vaughn a big themed birthday party when Grammy was here and that way, we could invite all of his friends, but decided to save that for when he turns two. He got overwhelmed with just a small party and next year, we'll be able to reserve somewhere to have it. But all in all, Vaughn had a fun birthday party with lots of presents especially because his Nunny, Pappy and Grammy like to spoil him! Without singling any of his gifts out, I do have to say his favorite gift was a pair of drum sticks. He got a drum with it which he kind of played with, but the drum sticks were used for hours. He sure loves to bang on things! ha.

Here are a few pictures from his big day.
 The Thompson boys and their kiddos :)
 LOVE this picture...cracks me up. Jayce wasn't being rough at all. I just caught it at this exact moment.
Looks like they're ready for UFC. Look at the wrist hold.
 Loving the balloons in his bounce house.
 Snack break.
 Vaughn loves his Aunt Nay Nay!
  Vaughn's first birthday cake; My first cake I ever baked. I need to get better
at this if Vaughn is going to continue to have birthdays!
 First time eating sugar. I don't think he has enough in his mouth.
 Group picture...third attempt.
 Drum sticks!
 Thompsons...one birthday down, a gazillion to go.
 Getting help from his friends to open presents.

We are so blessed to have a healthy baby boy who is now officially a toddler.

No comments: