I missed yesterday because it was a long day at work ending with a fun banquet to unveil an amazing project that is Unstoppable!
So I have some Vaughn overload for tonight's post.
The whole Thompson family had a rough day today (me - sad funeral for work, Dave - trade show, Vaughn - low grade fever, teething) so we were unaware what our family evening would have in store for us. To our surprise, it was great because Vaughn was the Goofy Glue that held it all together. He was so happy despite almost having to leave daycare early today. And...it was Friday pizza night. We all LOVE pizza :)
I was going to save it for Baby Steps, but can't resist. Before dinner, Vaughn was standing, holding onto his activity center, then let go and just stood there smiling at me. He stood there all by himself. After dinner (maybe the pizza gave him some courage), I was "walking" with him by holding his hands when I let go and he took two steps before falling back into me. I'm excited, but oh so more freaked out. Yes, freaked out is better than many other phrases that are floating in my brain.
While I was getting comfy for family time, Vaughn found some nail polish and thought they were his new maracas. Shake, shake, shake!
Then, he discovered the beautiful baby in the mirror...
Then, he discovered the beautiful baby in the mirror...
...making out with himself. He would start by shaking the polish, dance, look at Dave, then kiss himself. He did this about five times.
Kind of freaky - there's that work again.
Kind of freaky - there's that work again.
After playtime in Vaughn's room, I could hear daddy yelling for me to come take more pictures. Vaughn found a new toy, the toilet paper roll.
Toilet paper playtime wouldn't be complete without the head dress.
Toilet paper playtime wouldn't be complete without the head dress.
Concentration + Ridiculous Lashes + awesome toilet paper head dress
Vaughn discovered he liked sitting on the ottoman while making it move back and forth on his own.
Best for last...Standing all on his own! And loving it!






No comments:
Post a Comment