Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Countdown...1, 2, 3, 4, FIVE!!!!!!

Why is it that God created me in a way that tears just fall out of my eyes. I don't even have to focus on something emotional for them to come squirting out. Sometimes it's just my right eye, other time it's both and then if it's really serious, they somehow manage to come out of my nose.

Today has been just "one of those days." I'm really having a hard time battling this whole Employee-Adriane/Mom-Adriane balance. I will blog about that in its entirety later. Vaughn is just still really sick and I had to work and Dave had to work. No family in Surprise so where does that leave us? Dave ended up working as much as he could while I was at church.

So amongst having a busy busy day at work, saying bye to an amazing co-worker, emailing Dave all day long about Vaughn's status and getting ready for my parent's arrival, Vaughn is going to turn one year old in five days. Only five more days! Really, I don't know why I'm putting so much emphasis on it as it's a big deal every day goes by. He may not be one tomorrow but he sure is one day older. One day older to going to school. One day older to becoming a teenager, oh geesh!, One day older to going to college, to turning 21 to moving out to marrying..I'll stop there. But then I think, he's one day older to making a difference in this world. He's going to be a difference-maker; God just has AMAZING plans for him. He was specially made.

"Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:14-16

As I type, I feel like I'm getting better with this whole growing up thing. Vaughn still has SO MANY milestones to hit which is so fun to experience with him. A friend just messaged me on Facebook today and said in five days, I'll get my babycenter weekly email with the subject of "Your TODDLER this week" instead of "Your BABY this week." Even though I'm getting better at letting him get older, I'm still going to call him my baby. Is that okay?

I've really been trying to keep these daily emails short even though I'm typically quite loquacious, but today it just all went by the wayside. I needed this outlet, this blog, to process. Did I mention, Vaughn is going to be one (and still my baby) in just five days?


Dave gave Vaughn some Tylenol because he was starting to get dehydrated and wouldn't drink when he was not feeling well. By the time I got home, he had about an hour where he was acting like his fun-loving self. His temperature was 100.2, but he was feeling a lot of relief. In that time, we let him ride his "bike" on the porch while Dave grilled burgers. It was GORGEOUS outside. We finally got to experience some cooler weather.

I'm so bummed, he's out of focus, but this picture explains it all! Vaughn was not drinking much because he wanted to drink out of mommy's water bottle (which I had at work with me today). He drank a whole thing of Pedialyte and water out of it. He's now obsessed with just drinking from a straw. That's next on our shopping list - sippy cups with straws :)

No comments: