Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16: what's for dinner (and breakfast and snack and lunch and snack and another snack???)

Healthy food is no problem for Vaughn. He will eat just about anything and will try everything. He even likes a little spicy food or foods you would never think a toddler would eat. His favorite vegetables are fresh green beans, avocado, edamame, carrots and broccoli. The only food he doesn't eat a ton of is chicken or meat in general. He'll eat it if it has barbeque sauce on it! I'll take a toddler who eats every vegetable, though! 
Nolan wasn't picky at all when he started eating solids but has slowly started to reject food. As I did for Vaughn, I make all of Nolan's baby food so it's easy for me to try different things. I've found if I partner anything with apples, pears, honey do, cantaloupe or plums, the crying stays at a minimum. Currently, in the freezer we have a 8 bean mixture (he has some issues with digestion so fiber is a must), asparagus with zucchini, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, cantaloupe, green beans with chicken, and a lentil mixture. I keep trying avocado and it's a no go but hopefully he'll eventually decide he likes it. Many babies his age start to eat table foods at this age but he still chokes. A few months ago he had a swallow test done and it just showed a lot of acid in his esophagus. Hopefully, he'll be able to eat soft foods soon! 






No comments: