Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The new and improved blog about the Thompson kiddos

Hello! Hello!

I cannot believe I did not blog once in 2012 and so much happened. I did blog but not about Vaughn or the newest little bundle to the Thompson clan, Nolan (who is nine months now! OH MY!).

A quick summary of 2012, here we go...started the year helping people in any way I could working for my church, had a pretty good pregnancy despite not being able to eat any carbs because of GD, took many fun trips with the other Thompsons who live in AZ, got to meet our newest niece, Emily Jo Thompson a week before we had a sweet baby boy named Nolan Drew Thompson, had two amazing women help us during Nolan's first weeks of life, survived Nolan's first five months of not believing in sleep and having horrible acid reflux, continued to take Vaughn to preschool a few times a week to have alone time with the baby and to keep feeding his big brain, enjoyed many visitors throughout the year, I started a photography business and was extremely blessed to have the opportunity to shoot over 65 families, and Dave had quite the year as well by starting it off in the job he had selling trash, switching to another job selling fitness equipment and then ending the year getting the most amazing job with such an amazing company and work culture as a National Accounts Manager. Oh, and I went back to being a stay at home/work from home mommy. Whew, 2012 was a busy year.

Honestly, I'm still in shock I went a whole year without blogging about my sweet little boys (and big boy). I was busy blogging over on my photography blog though which I intend to keep doing this year as well. So (!) here's to 2013 where I am giving myself a HUGE goal of not only blogging about Nolan and Vaughn but posting a picture (or more) every day to capture what life is like raising two boys and to document what life is like at the baby stage and preschool stages. The pictures will be either quick snapshots from my phone or pictures taken on my big fancy camera....whatever I have time for. And it may be a picture that was taken weeks prior or that day. I plan on writing short, simple tidbits about habits, activities, events, funny sayings, whatever I feel worthy of keeping as a memory or writing nothing at all as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes you just don't have time! I wrote the previous statements to try to hold myself accountable. I can do this!

I am doing this for Dave and me to remember what it was like at this fabulous time in our lives, all of our family and friends who lives so very far away, for our friends and family who live oh so very close (I'll post pictures of you, don't worry!) and for Vaughn and Nolan to see how fun they were as little ones.

Oh! and the name of the blog was inspired by a plaque my step mom got for me after I had Vaughn. It hangs on the wall in between the boys' rooms. I read it every day and often think it's the reason I have two boys. LOL! I may change the name as I found it's a common name for blogs and I like to be unique but it'll have to work for now.

Thanks for dropping by! Here's to a wonderful year of blogging and lots and lots and LOTS of pictures! 



No comments: