Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28: colors and trains

Up until about a month ago, we really thought Vaughn was color blind. 8% of boys are and it comes from the mom's side (which my dad is). I was noticing that all of his friends knew their colors but Vaughn had no clue especially with red, blue and green. I would line colors up and he couldn't even match them. We even did the online color blind tests...then right before Christmas, Vaughn had his blocks out lining them up. I looked down and they were lined up by color! Yellow, blue, green and red. I was so excited. Since we thought he couldn't see his colors, I didn't really push it but since December, I've been working with him a little more. He is now officially able to name almost every color!

Today, Cogsley, Vaughn's robot, was asking him to turn his green ear or purple ear or turn his blue eye and Vaughn got them all correct.
Nolan is trying to learn, too!

 I mentioned how Vaughn loves trains. With his trains, he is also obsessed with his "maps". He calls the little advertisements or little brochures that come with his toys his maps. Dave and I have tried throwing them out but one still remains. Vaughn will sit for hours with his "map". I saw him lying on the floor looking at all the trains and managed to grab my camera to capture it before he moved on to the next thing.


No comments: