About a month ago, I enrolled Nolan in Little Gym thanks to a friend's suggestion. We had been there for birthday parties for Vaughn but I never really thought about joining. Vaughn has had so many different activities he's been apart of since he was super little and Nolan hasn't, so we decided it was about time he had something to go to as well.
I am so thankful we made this decision! You should've seen him this morning! He's getting better with standing and taking steps, he no longer sits on my lap and cries every time the teacher comes near him, and he even goes to different apparatuses by himself. He especially loves the balls and bubbles. Outside of Little Gym, I have noticed how he warms up to people a lot better now too.
While Nolan and I are in class, Vaughn sits out in the lobby and plays. This is a good time for him, too, because he gets to have some independence with me nearby. Today he even made friends with two other big brothers and came and yelled into the class that he had to go potty (he didn't say those exact words so it was a lot funnier!).
Can't wait to see all the new skills Nolan will continue to learn being a little "birdie"!
According to Vaughn:
- It started to rain a little tonight when we went to the library after dinner. He got in the car with a huge smile on his face and said, "It's a good day after all."
- He was throwing the word "imagination" with other phrases just randomly because I think he was proud he could say it.
- No matter who Vaughn is with, he always tells them, "I'm so happy to be with you today." He sure knows how to make someone feel special (until they read this and realize he says it to everyone)
- This week, he's been all about the "hey guys" referring to Dave and me. Tonight, he said, "Hey guys, just wait a sec." I seriously love all these new phrases and idioms he's starting to use.



No comments:
Post a Comment