Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

day 188: molly is what??!

Our little Molly is THREE!!!

We are so thankful we were able to DRIVE to her house to celebrate. This may be the last birthday we get to celebrate with her because she's moving to Pennsylvania in two days. We are incredibly saddened but instead of focusing on that, we're focusing on these past amazing years we got to have with her. I'm going to rattle off a fun list of things that come to mind: camping trips, celebrations, birthdays, laughter, reading books, dancing, singing, exploring, eating rocks (my desktop slideshow was scrolling and as I type this, a picture popped up of Molly; I just took a screenshot to share so I didn't seem crazy), playing together, eating Papa Murphy's! (oh! how are they going to survive without Papa Murphy's???), watching Mickey Mouse, running, and the list could go on....

And Vaughn and Molly, oh, just that phrase, "Vaughn and Molly," they have become quite the duo. Vaughn says or does crazy things and Molly just laughs hysterically. They are finally getting to the age where they want to just play by themselves and not constantly be monitored. They're sharing better and just know how to have fun together! Vaughn keeps reminding me he is going to see Molly real soon at Mammy's. 

Today, we got to have dinner, play, and sing happy birthday to Miss Molly. I will never forget her hand clasped with mine walking up their steps as she looked up at me so excited I was going to help her put pj's on. My heart just broke when I opened her drawer to find two sets of jammies and two pairs of panties. The biggest reason I'm so sad about their move is because I won't get to watch her grow. Her or her cutie pie sister, Emily. I'm going to miss them so much. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be focusing on the positive. The positive is iPhones! Thankfully, we have technology to keep us connected and our memories. Gotta love our brains! Okay, now I'm just rambling. I need to end this before I break my keyboard from the tears.

Love you, Molly! Happy 3rd Birthday. So So So excited we got to spend your special day with you!

No comments: