We live in a very hot place and even though people make fun of Arizonans, it really does make a HUGE difference when the heat is "dry". Yes, when it's 117, it feels like you're literally in an oven, but when it's 70% humidity (like this morning), it feels like you're in a sauna sweating every toxin out of your body!
With the humidity being up, the temperatures were a little lower than they have been and there were...clouds!
We met up with some new friends at a splash pad. I met this family when the momma contacted me to take their photos last year. That's the best part of my job - meeting such amazing people. We have have been trying for weeks, okay, probably a few months to get the boys together and finally made it happen today despite the sauna-type weather.
We met up with some new friends at a splash pad. I met this family when the momma contacted me to take their photos last year. That's the best part of my job - meeting such amazing people. We have have been trying for weeks, okay, probably a few months to get the boys together and finally made it happen today despite the sauna-type weather.
Vaughn and Julian played so well together at the playground before we hit the water. I never know with Vaughn and was so elated to see them going to outer space (I think...they were in a spaceship) together. Vaughn ended up running/walking very fast (thanks to my nagging) for almost two hours at the splash pad! He was a tad tired this afternoon and evening! That's what I like to see!
I didn't have my (point-and-shoot) camera out long because of the water so I wish I could've gotten Gabriel's sweet little face, oh and his gorgeous baby blues, but maybe next time!
***
Nolan looked like a walker today! I don't know if it was the sandals or what, but he was actually correcting his balance when he would begin to fall. He's never been very interested in trying before. Baby steps....baby steps....no pun intended.
***
Nolan looked like a walker today! I don't know if it was the sandals or what, but he was actually correcting his balance when he would begin to fall. He's never been very interested in trying before. Baby steps....baby steps....no pun intended.
***
And to end the night with a huge shout out to such an awesome-tastic friend! Tonight, Vaughn got a little over tired which meant he got a little hyper. Aunt Nay Nay "saved the day!" as Vaughn would say, by coming over to spend some time with us. When she arrived, Nolan could not get to the door fast enough as he squealed in excitement. He one leg crawled over to her, put both of his hands up and said, "up?!" It was the cutest thing ever. So incredibly thankful to have she and her husband in Arizona! Our family away from home!
And to end the night with a huge shout out to such an awesome-tastic friend! Tonight, Vaughn got a little over tired which meant he got a little hyper. Aunt Nay Nay "saved the day!" as Vaughn would say, by coming over to spend some time with us. When she arrived, Nolan could not get to the door fast enough as he squealed in excitement. He one leg crawled over to her, put both of his hands up and said, "up?!" It was the cutest thing ever. So incredibly thankful to have she and her husband in Arizona! Our family away from home!
According to Vaughn:
After getting up specifically to step on Nolan's leg, I asked Vaughn why he did that. He answered, "Because I'm mean to him." I asked why he likes to be mean and he said that Nolan is squishy and easy to mean to. We're working really hard to keep him from being a mean big brother but at least he's honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment